Ichigo 100% Novels...

Ichigo 100% Discussion Forum

Moderator: AyaToujo

River

Re: Ichigo 100% Novels...

Post by River » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:51 pm

I broke down and rad Hatsukoi Limited and I have to say I'm enjoying it so far. It's obvious Kawashita is really attempting to break out of the norm with this story. As far as romance comedies go, it's a tad on the epic scale. Tons of characters, no obvious "main character" and with the same scenario appearing from different view points. It's really ambitious. I have to give her props for attempting something like this. It's either going to become a work of genius or something too utterly cumbersome to weave a cohesive enough a story. I think it's going to go good, but we'll just have to wait and see.

He teased her about it before the decision because it was when they were still in middle school I think. However I don't think her dream was to become a cook at that point. Her point was that she was sacrificing her time and chance to be with Manaka so she could go to the better school and have a better chance at a better future. At either rate, I think for the age they are in the manga, it was harder for Nishino to sacrifice being with Manaka than it was for Aya to sacrifice going to a better school. Although if you look at it from a third person's perspective it was probably a bigger issue to give up a school for a guy than it was to give up a guy for a school. My point was that when you're that age and in love, the emotional sacrifice might be a little different.

Alright I can give you that Nishino might have still been in the movie had Manaka not asked. However there's also a chance Aya would have been in the movie as well because she wouldn't want to have disappointed or let down the rest of the film club. I'll concede that it was harder for Aya to join than it was for Nishino, because she was so shy.

I understand your point about Nishino-Higure and Aya-Amachi, but Aya is also the kind of person who is kind and sensitive enough to truly feel bad about rejecting Amachi. She doesn't out and out reject him because she feels bad. For Nishino, yes, she views Higure as a genius mentor figure, but it's not like she doesn't spend time with him. She still spends quality learning time with Higure every time he is at the bakery. She never gave up any "real" time to be with Higure since anything beyond what they already had, would have been of a personal nature and she wasn't interested in him on that level. I understand you're saying she held Higure in higher esteem than Aya held Amachi, but in the end that was a purely business and career relationship that didn't go into a personal area in Nishino's eyes. Like I said her not choosing Higure really only conflicted with her out of sense of loyalty to the bakery shop more than anything that had to do with her relationship with Higure. I think that's backed up when Nishino tells Higure she doesn't want to marry him, but still keeps it quiet from the bakery owner. That being said Aya had always kind of known Amachi was interested in her and so their relationship was more personal and it was hard for the sensitive and quiet Aya to reject Amachi outright. She kept him as a friend, but she always had to be aware that he had feelings for her. I simply thought that since both Nishino and Aya loved Manaka and never would have considered anyone else, that both of them rejecting Higure and Amachi respectively was not a true sacrifice.

I've watched the first two episodes of the anime and since I already had LOW expectations, it's not half bad. The opening theme is pretty horrendous though. The BGM also could have been better. Hell, everything could have been better, but I'll still watch the rest to continue getting my Ichigo 100% fix. Hopefully Hatsukoi picks up the pace so I can get sucked into that more.

Runningkid

Post by Runningkid » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:32 pm

Scanning is alot tougher than i thought.... lol. Especially when I only have an old scanner and my skills are quite lacking >.<; I also didn't want to debind or bend the book too much...

Did the 1st few pages. But I guess if its just for translation purposes I could just use a camera, that way it would be alot quicker.

I much rather Viz actually did the novels, :P

anyways here you go... (if u do manage to translate anything pls post it here)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/otekps

River

Post by River » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:12 am

You are the fricking man runningkid! I'm downloading them now and will look at it later tonight. I'll see if I can quickly translate it for everyone and then it in a post later. Hopefully Viz DOES get around to releasing the novels. Anyway thanks for your work scanning and uploading what you could! I and I'm sure everyone else will appreciate your efforts!

ironbomb

Post by ironbomb » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:35 pm

River wrote:I broke down and rad Hatsukoi Limited and I have to say I'm enjoying it so far. It's obvious Kawashita is really attempting to break out of the norm with this story. As far as romance comedies go, it's a tad on the epic scale. Tons of characters, no obvious "main character" and with the same scenario appearing from different view points. It's really ambitious. I have to give her props for attempting something like this. It's either going to become a work of genius or something too utterly cumbersome to weave a cohesive enough a story. I think it's going to go good, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Yea..great work ^^, the next chapter is good too, read some spoilers hehe..

He teased her about it before the decision because it was when they were still in middle school I think. However I don't think her dream was to become a cook at that point. Her point was that she was sacrificing her time and chance to be with Manaka so she could go to the better school and have a better chance at a better future. At either rate, I think for the age they are in the manga, it was harder for Nishino to sacrifice being with Manaka than it was for Aya to sacrifice going to a better school. Although if you look at it from a third person's perspective it was probably a bigger issue to give up a school for a guy than it was to give up a guy for a school. My point was that when you're that age and in love, the emotional sacrifice might be a little different.

I could argue just as strongly that the development of Aya's potential as a writer is just as important at the early ages...but I understand what you are getting at hehe.

also thanx Runningkid, Just wanted to know, do you have both novels or just the Memories of Ichigo100%? Gotta say..those scans look good ^^.

Runningkid

Post by Runningkid » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:05 am

Only "my sweet memory of Ichigo" i am afraid. I did place my order for both from yesasia, but apparently they didnt have the other in stock. =/

River: you happen to be a translator? xD (/me keeps his fingers crossed)

River

Post by River » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:12 pm

ironbomb wrote:Yea..great work ^^, the next chapter is good too, read some spoilers hehe..

Awesome. I can't wait to find out what happens now that those two are alone.

Also Runningkid, I'm not a translater per se, but I do happen to be Japanese. Unfortunately, my kanji is a bit rusty. :oops: I might just ask a relative to read it to me so I could translate from listening rather than reading it. It'll be faster that way. Like I said, if I can get it done, I'll post it here on the forum!

ironbomb

Post by ironbomb » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:46 pm

oo...translater and scanner here..w00t!..what a great combination ^^.

Dr.Frank

Post by Dr.Frank » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:06 pm

I would hafta agree,if you look at most mangas & anime they never leave you with a straight answer on the endings but forcing you to draw your own conclusion.And I think this ones fairly ovious.(I'm also pissed that they did that to the Eureka Seven series as well)

HMMaster
Site Admin

Post by HMMaster » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:55 pm

Runningkid wrote:Scanning is alot tougher than i thought.... lol. Especially when I only have an old scanner and my skills are quite lacking >.<; I also didn't want to debind or bend the book too much...

Did the 1st few pages. But I guess if its just for translation purposes I could just use a camera, that way it would be alot quicker.

I much rather Viz actually did the novels, :P

anyways here you go... (if u do manage to translate anything pls post it here)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/otekps

Great job Runningkid! But I think the link is dead. I receive the following message:

Sorry, the file you requested is not available.

Possible reasons include:

- File date limit has expired.
- File was not successfully uploaded.

Please contact the uploader and ask them to upload the file again. sendspace is not able to help you in this matter.

AyaToujo

Post by AyaToujo » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:39 am

Hi, sorry for joining this thread so late (i mean like last post was 8months ago). Now to business River contact me!!! and Runningkid, why u both went inactive?

umm if you to contact me please private message me, i will be checking every few days on this forum,

Thank you