what are director "manaka junpei"s 3 movies about?

Ichigo 100% Discussion Forum

Moderator: AyaToujo

kaming

what are director "manaka junpei"s 3 movies about?

Post by kaming » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:24 am

i'm soooooooo curious about the plot of the 3 movies manaka and the film club made...

i would like to see it soooo much... as a manga or anime...

how about anyone asking the author to do so? ;D

so, what do you think about it?

ironbomb

Re: what are director "manaka junpei"s 3 movies about?

Post by ironbomb » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:36 am

We saw glimpse and parts of all 3 movies the film club made. I am more curious about the film Manaka made alone during the timeskip....

kaming

Post by kaming » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:20 am

well, i can somehow figure out the stories very vaguely, but i think especially the 2nd movie would be great to watch... :(

the movie he made in the timeskip interests me less... because above all i want to see the film club characters :) though it wouldn't be bad to know more about the made-in-timeskip-movie.

i would like to watch the movies sooo much... as mentioned before, especially the 2nd one. i'm certain it would be a great one shot manga or movie or ova or etc.
just with this one page i made myself from chapter 84, i'm about to cry...

Last edited by kaming on Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

kaming

Post by kaming » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:41 pm

here are the original 2 pages ^^

btw, the the 2nd movie's name is " a singer in summer " .

ironbomb

Post by ironbomb » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:36 pm

geez did you have to post that up...got my heart eerie again...omg...and here I thought I have finally gotten over Ichigo100% because I havent been a strong point for it in a while...geez!!!!!!!! dont liek this...my heart is acheing right now T.T

I agree that I love those pages...especially the script..like omg!

River

Post by River » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:48 pm

The first movie...

Is set at the beach and is about a guy who is not very good around women and is kind of a loser in general. However a girl winds up falling in love with him despite his bad points and at the end they get together.

The second movie...
The main character is a guy who goes away from home during his summer vacation. He meets a singer who he eventually falls for. I think they eventually fall for each other, but for reasons unknown the girl tries to leave the guy. (Could be that she is afraid of being to close to a guy who is only going to be around for the summer). In the end the guy still has to leave after the summer ends and although they have broken up, he finds his memories of the time he spent with her that one special summer are a priceless treasure.

The third movie...
Unlike the previous two movies, this one is a period piece takes place in the past around the 20's or 30's. The main characters are a idealist who is trying to help the conditions of workers and the daughter of a wealthy land owner. Despite their differences and the objections of her family the girl falls for the guy. They become friends and she eventually decides to leave her friends and family to live her own life by going to university in Tokyo. However before she leaves, she confesses to the guy. With that done, she leaves everything behind to grab her future. Despite this being the right choice for her, the movie ends on a down note since the two character do not end up together.

ashogo

Post by ashogo » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:22 pm

Seems like Manaka & co have a thing for love stories. I'm actually really interested in the timeskip movie he made while traveling the world most(is it a documentary, or what?), but the second movie does look pretty damn good as well. Hey, it's got Nishino as the female main, how can it not be good?